What is PPC advertising?
PPC abbreviates for Pay-Per-Click. When you perform search on Google, you’ll notice some ads appearing at the top and right-hand side, these ads are PPC ads. They also appear on right-hand side of Facebook. PPC ads are shown for which marketers have paid to be shown, rather than the organic search results through SEO.
Why PPC advertising?
PPC advertising aims to drive quicker results and improve your local search presence. Here are some of the reasons to start using PPC as a part of your online marketing strategy:
1) It allows you to reach your targeted audience in a better way. With PPC, you can directly reach that segment of audience that will have a high conversion rate for a low cost.
2) You can manage ownership of your campaign as you desire. PPC gives you control over all the variables and allow you to better target the right keywords.
3) As compared to SEO, PPC delivers you quicker results. Your ads will appear on the first page of Google while SEO requires you to investment more time and efforts for getting first page rankings. When PPC will along with your SEO efforts, the best results come out for you.
4) You can easily track the effectiveness of your PPC campaigns. Google AdWords provides you with detailed reports and you will get a better insight about the performance of your campaign. You have the flexibility to make changes as and when desired.
5) PPC opens up great opportunities for your business and when it is managed appropriately, it can yield you many times the cost of your investment.
Determine Your Budget for PPC advertising
You need to determine the amount of money you’re willing to spend on PPC campaigns. You should set up a reasonable monthly budget and then can expand according to the conversion targets you achieve. Here, comes the term Cost Per Acquisition. It is the cost at which a visitor converts into client via your PPC campaign.
Finding Right Keywords
Long tail keywords are those which contain more than 3 keywords and have lower cost per clicks as compared to generic keywords. You should determine the type of keywords you need for your campaign: generic or specific keywords. Long tail keywords offer you better conversions rates and help your business rank higher in search results. When you want to find out long-tail keywords, check out this post.
Prepare Landing Pages
PPC advertising is called Pay Per Click advertising because when someone clicks on your link, you pay. With the purpose to realize sufficient ROI, you need to make sure that the viewer takes the next step. Landing Page is the page where a visitors lands after clicking on your ad copy. You have created the ad and now, it’s the time to get back from your investment. The landing page should be appealing and actionable. You can check out the essential elements of a perfect landing page, by clicking here.
Launching Your PPC Campaign
Now, it is the high time to set up your campaign. Go to AdWords and click on Create Your First Campaign and then decide the type of campaign. Here, you can set up locations and languages and networks and devices to personalize the PPC campaign. After you have made the required settings, you now need to bid and budget your campaign.
You are now ready to launch your PPC advertising campaign and head towards gaining a competitive advantage. Keywords, ad copy and landing page are the most important ingredient for success of PPC campaigns. Contact us for any queries! We are just a call away.